Author Topic: Hu Jintao tells China navy: Prepare for warfare  (Read 528 times)

Offline hatch38

• Old Timer
Hu Jintao tells China navy: Prepare for warfare
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:15 pm »
I guess the monkeys in Washington have gotten bored with the shit throwing party they been having with our money so now they want to start WWIII.

7 December 2011

Hu Jintao tells China navy: Prepare for warfare

China's navy should speed up its development and prepare for warfare, President Hu Jintao has said.

He told military personnel they should "make extended preparations for warfare".

China is locked in territorial disputes with several other nations in the South China Sea. Political tension is also growing with the US, which is seeking to boost its presence in the region.

After Mr Hu's comments, the US said China was entitled to defend itself.

"Nobody's looking for a scrap here," said Pentagon spokesman Admiral John Kirby in quotes carried by the AFP news agency.

"Certainly we wouldn't begrudge any other nation the opportunity to develop naval forces."

Senior US and Chinese officials are currently holding talks on military issues.

The one-day meeting takes place every year, with the stated aim of ensuring there are no misunderstandings between the two nations.
'Sovereignty dispute'

China has recently acquired its first aircraft carrier and has been vocal about its naval ambitions.

But its military remains primarily a land-based force, and its naval capabilities are still dwarfed by the US.

Mr Hu told a meeting of military officials that the navy should "accelerate its transformation and modernisation in a sturdy way, and make extended preparations for warfare in order to make greater contributions to safeguard national security".

The word "warfare" was used in official media, but other translations used "military combat" and "military struggle".

Analysts say Mr Hu's comments are unusually blunt, and are likely to be aimed at the US and Beijing's rivals in the South China Sea.

Both the Philippines and Vietnam have repeatedly accused China of overt aggression in the region.

They are among the nations claiming sovereignty over islands in the sea in the hope that there could be oil and gas deposits there.

And US President Barack Obama announced last month that the US was boosting its presence in the region, and will base a full Marine task force in northern Australia.

Analysts say the US move is a direct challenge to China's attempts to dominate the area, and is likely to bolster US allies in the South China Sea dispute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-16063607
PeTA (Philosophy exhibiting Testicular Absence)—Grow a pair and protect your rights!

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet it was planned that way."
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945), 32nd US President

"I never give them hell....I just tell the truth and they think it's hell". - Harry Truman

Offline McAvoy

• Munching on Corpses
  • Old Timer
  • Hello
Re: Hu Jintao tells China navy: Prepare for warfare
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23 am »
China is way behind the US in terms of technology and capability in it's navy. Their first carrier while capable and better than all but the French carrier is no match for a Nimitz class carrier. I am not that worried.
Hi there!

Offline demsul

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:10 am »
Give every Chinese a BB gun and they would over run the world. There's ,what, a zillion of them?
Nuke 'em, that'll get their attention.

Offline hatch38

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:08 am »
Death by a thousand BB shots…..OUCH! I doubt China would mind reducing their population by a few million, then maybe everybody could eat. After all, none of the big dogs are going to be out there spilling blood. Given the economic environment throughout the world, I can hear Obama now, “You guys are going to have to sacrifice….we’re at war!” After all, none of the big dogs will have to sacrifice anything. Throw Iran, North Korea, and Russia (all allies) in the mix and things begin to look nasty.

Then there’s that whole nuclear thing.

At least we have this going for us (for now):

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. Of course it was originally stated in Japanese, this is the English translation.
PeTA (Philosophy exhibiting Testicular Absence)—Grow a pair and protect your rights!

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet it was planned that way."

"I never give them hell....I just tell the truth and they think it's hell". - Harry Truman

Offline Pollock

• PS Official Whatever
  • Animal Welfare Advocate
  • Which one am I?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 01:28 pm »
I don't see anything provacative in his "make extended preparations for warfare" statement. It's the job of the military to prepare for war. It also doesn't mean they can't secretly hope for peace.
Animals are animals, they are not little people in fur coats.

Incests like all Sweets.

Offline hatch38

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08 pm »
Yeah…I know Pollock, but any talk of a war involving nukes is too much for my comfort. There’s plenty of other rhetoric being tossed around that could cause the war potential to escalate….in fact it may be on.

The below article is a bit dated but still informative:

Will the Financial Crisis Trigger World War III?

April 16—History has a wealth of examples of great economic and financial crises leading into wars, or, as in the 20th Century, into world wars. While it is becoming increasingly clear that a series of imminent national bankruptcies is ringing the death-knell of today's financial system, a combination of the escalation of the Afghanistan War, and a looming military strike against Iran, threatens to unleash a chain reaction which could plunge the world into a New Dark Age.

According to reliable sources, both a planned war against Iran, as well as the great Spring-Summer offensive in Afghanistan which is already under way, were the subject of numerous discussions during the just-concluded Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, aimed at firming up a coalition for these military operations. On top of that, an atmosphere is being built up to use the threat that Iran will soon have an atomic bomb, as the context for an early military strike—just as British propaganda did earlier over Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction." As is now common knowledge, those Iraqi weapons were nowhere to be found; and still today, the U.S. National Intelligence Estimate—the National Security Council's compilation of estimates from various U.S. intelligence services—sticks by its evaluation that Iran is still a good three to five years away from having the capacity to build a nuclear weapon.

The rest here http://www.larouchepub.com/hzl/2010/3716crisis_to_wwiii.html

Chinese Admiral Threatens World War to Protect Iran

As the United States and other nations grapple with how best to stop Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, a high-ranking Chinese military official has raised the stakes considerably on any possible military action.

On Dec. 4, according to a report in Press TV, a news network owned by the Iranian government, Chinese rear admiral and prominent military commentator Zhang Zhaozhong said, “China will not hesitate to protect Iran even with a third world war.”

The rest here http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/chinese-admiral-threatens-world-war-to-protect-iran-154434.html

Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert, Prepares To Take Out European Missile Defense Systems

11/23/2011

Earlier today, we presented the latest developments in the escalating possibility of an imminent air (and potentially land) campaign targeting Syria by the "western world", a move that would infuriate not only Iran, but also Russia and China, both of which have made it clear they would not sit idly by and let such an "aggression" stand. Now it is Russia's turn to retaliate. Cutting straight to the chase - in a nationally televized appearance by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev: in response to what the Russian believes is an active incursion and a potential act of eventual aggression on behalf of NATO countries in Eastern Europe (and hence the US), he he said the following (7 minutes in): "First, I am instructing the Defense Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert. Second, protective cover of Russia's strategic nuclear weapons, will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop out air and space defenses. Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defense penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads. Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defense system data and guidance systems if need be... Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defense system, in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region. Other measures to counter the European missile defense system will be drawn up and implemented as necessary. Furthermore, if the situation continues to develop not in Russia's favor we reserve the right to discontinue further disarmament and arms control measures. Besides, given the intrinsic link between strategic offensive and defensive arms, conditions for our withdrawal from the New START Treaty could also arise." That said, he concludes that Russia is still open to dialog. However, if Obama merely intends to bomb any nation at will, we are very much concerned that everything Medvedev has just threatened will be enacted. And exponentially more so when Putin comes back in charge. One thing is certain - Russia is not North Korea, and taking this speech for more empty jawboning is probably not the wisest option.

Here http://www.zerohedge.com/news/russia-retaliates-against-us-puts-radar-station-combat-alert-prepares-take-out-european-missile

Are US Troops Deploying on the Jordan-Syrian Border?
12/12/2011

The site wouldn't let me cut and paste but this is a good article.

Here http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/%3F-older-posts-are-us-troops-deploying-jordan-syrian-border

Sorry for the long post.

Offline hatch38

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14 pm »
Follow up:

In Obama's speech yesterday about ending the Iraq War, he said the US Troops were leaving Iraq....he didn't say they were "coming home."

US troops surrounding the Syrian border?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tjn4uk24M&amp;list=WL9E5CF17AD5C8827C&amp;index=68&amp;feature=plpp_video" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tjn4uk24M&amp;list=WL9E5CF17AD5C8827C&amp;index=68&amp;feature=plpp_video</a>

Offline hatch38

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39 pm »
Russian war ships to patrol Syrian waters to prevent U.S. military interference

Charlotte N.C. sailor second from left currently serving aboard the U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier HW Bush near Syria. His mom (last name withheld) fears President Obama may drag the U.S. into another war we can't afford!
Credits: Mary

Three Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters, Russian wire services reported on Tuesday. The ships are believed to be operating near Syria.

Final destination of the Russian warships were reported to be the Syrian port of Tartus, where Russia maintains a strategic naval base.

“We are not commenting on this information,” said Russian Navy spokesman Igor Dygalo. Unofficial sources confirm this, but add that Russia is there to protect strategic and national security interests and prevent war.

There are over 100,000 Russian citizens in Syria. Russia is obligated to protect its citizens in Syria from any sort of military aggression by the United States.

Russia dismissed new U.S. “exterritorial” sanctions against Iran as “unacceptable and violating international law”.

The U.S. sanctions slapped on Iran on Monday “seriously complicate efforts for constructive dialogue with Tehran,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement.

“Ratcheting up the sanctions pressure, which for some of our partners is becoming practically an end in itself, will not encourage Iran to sit down at the negotiating table,” the Russian statement said.

"The United States is playing avery dangerous game here. One that may result in Russia taking defensive military actions to protect itself, its military installation and Russian citizens", said one Russian foreign intelligence operative, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The rest here: http://www.examiner.com/city-buzz-in-charlotte/russian-war-ships-to-patrol-syrian-waters-to-prevent-u-s-military-interference

Offline Dr. Gonzo

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47 am »
Death by a thousand BB shots…..OUCH! I doubt China would mind reducing their population by a few million, then maybe everybody could eat. After all, none of the big dogs are going to be out there spilling blood. Given the economic environment throughout the world, I can hear Obama now, “You guys are going to have to sacrifice….we’re at war!” After all, none of the big dogs will have to sacrifice anything. Throw Iran, North Korea, and Russia (all allies) in the mix and things begin to look nasty.

Then there’s that whole nuclear thing.

At least we have this going for us (for now):

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. Of course it was originally stated in Japanese, this is the English translation.
if china attacks anyone it's probably going to be the vietnamese.  either that or they have an inside tip that north korea's going to shit pretty soon but aren't really sure since it's never clear who ran away and who's a spy

china won't go to war with the united states.  people liked the ccp because it was a step up from living under feudal warlords and japanese occupation, but about the first thing they did when mao died was start letting capitalism take hold.  that said they have way too much at stake to actually antagonize foreign investors.

the fact that people so condemned tiananmen for human rights and whatever never really bothered the chinese.  they were pissed off about the fact that american investors started pulling out to the point that cab drivers were pissed off at individual tourists for that reason.  and the government doesn't really give two craps about population control.  they barely even enforce the great firewall

i'd be surprised if they even had enough money to process the ridiculous amount of data they should be pulling in from all those cameras they have.  they barely even have a regulatory structure if they have any at all.  the river runs black is not a metaphor...

they do have a pretty big military though.  and they have been ballsy enough to screw with the americans and have gotten away with it.  they're just all pissy about the fact that they don't control the whole of southeast asia

edit:  and as much as i respect the military, they're not exactly as tech savvy as they'd like us to think.  the fact that you could screw with military drone was never really a secret.  i don't think they even talked to those things over an encrypted channel until a few years ago, assuming they do now
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:50 am by Dr. Gonzo »

* H$U$

Thinking of donating to H$U$?

Someone who takes Wendy Malick or Wayne Pacelle up on their infomercial request for "just $19 dollars a month" will pay HSUS $228 over the course of a year. Of that, just $1.03 will reach a pet shelter.

Change Look

Forum Default

Permanently