Author Topic: New evidence underscores the theory of human origin  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Angry Dog

• The P-S Complaint Department
  • Animal Welfare Advocate
  • Woof woof, motherfucker
Re: New evidence underscores the theory of human origin
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25 am »
Well, this theory has been thoroughly crushed. *wipes hands*

Time for some food. Probably chicken
Animal Rights is like a penis:
It's okay to be proud of it, but don't get all pissy when people don't enjoy having it shoved down their throats

So if a pound of beef takes 3,500 gallons of water, what difference does it make? How many vegetarians drive a car? To make a car (including tires), it takes about 40,000 gallons of fresh water. That's not including the gas it takes to run the car, the electricity to run the gas station, the water used to create the boat that brought your precious oil, the water used to create the pavement you drive on, the destruction of toxic chemicals that went into creating your clothes, and the electricity you use every day to send me stupid emails over the internet. Every year you are directly responsible for the consumption of billions of gallons of water. There are 26 million people suffering preventable brain damage from iodine deficiency, and another 1.5 billion people at risk. Nevermind that, you have animals to save. By driving your cars, you pump billions of tons of poison into the atmosphere and you're slowly killing us all. The computer you use requires 250 watts of electricity, let alone the billions of computers required to keep you on the internet. All consuming energy. All contributing to pollution. Let's just ignore those minor hypocrisies. Someone wants to enjoy a burger and you'll be damned if you're going to let them.
Spud's a terrorist. He supports terrorism
Naturally blunt individual from the country 'Givesnotashitadad"

"Silly Gohan. Animals don't eat people, people eat animals. Silly Gohan"

My gecko isn't a corpsemuncher. Everything she eats is alive :D

Offline MsInformed

• Mother F'N Goose
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:35 am »
Well, this theory has been thoroughly crushed. *wipes hands*

Time for some food. Probably chicken

:lol:  grphg

Offline MsInformed

• Mother F'N Goose
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 01:52 pm »
:lol: Nice try though, Wilson. It's always difficult to try and line up your belief system with science.

You got all that from a few link to add to this section..? Mmmmm

Was that a sentence?

Offline Angry Dog

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28 pm »
A theory suggesting a closer relationship to orangs based on physiology does not nor will it ever trump genetic evidence. Have a coke and a smile and get the fuck over it
It's okay to be proud of it, but don't get all pissy when people don't enjoy having it shoved down their throats

So if a pound of beef takes 3,500 gallons of water, what difference does it make? How many vegetarians drive a car? To make a car (including tires), it takes about 40,000 gallons of fresh water. That's not including the gas it takes to run the car, the electricity to run the gas station, the water used to create the boat that brought your precious oil, the water used to create the pavement you drive on, the destruction of toxic chemicals that went into creating your clothes, and the electricity you use every day to send me stupid emails over the internet. Every year you are directly responsible for the consumption of billions of gallons of water. There are 26 million people suffering preventable brain damage from iodine deficiency, and another 1.5 billion people at risk. Nevermind that, you have animals to save. By driving your cars, you pump billions of tons of poison into the atmosphere and you're slowly killing us all. The computer you use requires 250 watts of electricity, let alone the billions of computers required to keep you on the internet. All consuming energy. All contributing to pollution. Let's just ignore those minor hypocrisies. Someone wants to enjoy a burger and you'll be damned if you're going to let them.

Offline Wilson

• Bite Back
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 03:00 pm »
And I thought you would look further back, silly me.... :rolleyes:

Why should I? We are homo sapiens, not homo erectus or habilis or australopithecus africanus. The only thing that list goes to show is that with the ability to eat more meat, the homonid line evolved larger brains and more thinking power. Somehow I don't think that is the point you were trying to make.

Either way, Homo Sapiens evolved as omnivores. All you've proven with posting that link is that that is the truth. Thank you, by the way, for helping to support every argument that homo sapiens are indeed omnivores.

I have never stated we are not, I have posted something of interest in the evolution section, read the title.
On DNA
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/12/05/MN153329.DTL
Eat the Passover Feast: After sunset when Passover started, Israel was to celebrate the feast by eating the Passover lamb with unleavened bread and bitter herbs (Exodus 12:8) and to tell the story of what God had done for them. When Jesus fed the five thousand, He kept this feast, the same with feeding the four thousand and the Last Supper. It seems that Jesus only served a meal when He celebrated this feast on a solar Passover. The Lamb was missing at these feasts except the Last Supper unless one recognized that Jesus was the Lamb.

Offline hollo

• Ferret Mom
  • Old Timer
  • quod absurdum est
    • It's Detachable
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 03:44 pm »

Why should I? We are homo sapiens, not homo erectus or habilis or australopithecus africanus. The only thing that list goes to show is that with the ability to eat more meat, the homonid line evolved larger brains and more thinking power. Somehow I don't think that is the point you were trying to make.

Either way, Homo Sapiens evolved as omnivores. All you've proven with posting that link is that that is the truth. Thank you, by the way, for helping to support every argument that homo sapiens are indeed omnivores.

I have never stated we are not, I have posted something of interest in the evolution section, read the title.

A link that says humans are closely related to orangutans, followed directly by a link that presents the orangutan diet as being mostly frugivores, and you're not trying to prove a link? Riiiight, but don't let me stop you, Wilson, keep going. I'd love to see just how well you backpedal.
Vegetarian-Fed Carnivores are SICK Carnivores

'Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes.' ~ Dr. Tom Lonsdale
"If a dog has a choice hes not picking a pile of beans over chicken or meat, and hes not going to be lapping up soyIf youre going to be harmonious in your choices, be harmonious. I say respect each species for what it was meant to be, and if you feel that strongly about being vegan, get a vegetarian animal. Bunnies make wonderful pets." ~ Tracie Hotchner

Offline Wilson

• Bite Back
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54 pm »

A link that says humans are closely related to orangutans, followed directly by a link that presents the orangutan diet as being mostly frugivores, and you're not trying to prove a link? Riiiight, but don't let me stop you, Wilson, keep going. I'd love to see just how well you backpedal.

Could have copied the wrong link (insert Mel, it possible it is)
It was meant to be the main page.

Just to note I have ALWAYS stated it a question of ethics.
Eat the Passover Feast: After sunset when Passover started, Israel was to celebrate the feast by eating the Passover lamb with unleavened bread and bitter herbs (Exodus 12:8) and to tell the story of what God had done for them. When Jesus fed the five thousand, He kept this feast, the same with feeding the four thousand and the Last Supper. It seems that Jesus only served a meal when He celebrated this feast on a solar Passover. The Lamb was missing at these feasts except the Last Supper unless one recognized that Jesus was the Lamb.

Offline Angry Dog

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52 pm »
What the hell does human evolution have to do with ethics...at all? Backpedal faster

Offline hollo

• Ferret Mom
  • Old Timer
  • quod absurdum est
    • It's Detachable
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 05:12 pm »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090618084304.htm

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/orangutan/diet.htm

Hmm. Sciencedaily.com. Seaworld.org. Right.

I'm with Coonhound, where do the ethics come into play?

"If a dog has a choice hes not picking a pile of beans over chicken or meat, and hes not going to be lapping up soyIf youre going to be harmonious in your choices, be harmonious. I say respect each species for what it was meant to be, and if you feel that strongly about being vegan, get a vegetarian animal. Bunnies make wonderful pets." ~ Tracie Hotchner

Offline Angry Dog

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 12:29 am »
A theory suggesting a closer relationship to orangs based on physiology does not nor will it ever trump genetic evidence. Have a coke and a smile and get the fuck over it
Jest in case we forgot the original context of the thread amidst Wilson's amusing backpedal fest

Offline Wilson

• Bite Back
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29 am »

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090618084304.htm

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/orangutan/diet.htm

Hmm. Sciencedaily.com. Seaworld.org. Right.

I'm with Coonhound, where do the ethics come into play?

Evolution                                Where did we come from?  Why are we omnivores? Anything relating to how we evolved into who we are today.
Yes Mmmm, looks more like a contribution to the section on evolution to me, you know in hope other "long term respected" members would like to discuss instead of attacking..? DO you want to turn everything into a pissing match?

Offline Angry Dog

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 08:14 am »
Then why even bother to list diet?

Offline hollo

• Ferret Mom
  • Old Timer
  • quod absurdum est
    • It's Detachable
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:41 am »

Evolution                                Where did we come from?  Why are we omnivores? Anything relating to how we evolved into who we are today.
Yes Mmmm, looks more like a contribution to the section on evolution to me, you know in hope other "long term respected" members would like to discuss instead of attacking..? DO you want to turn everything into a pissing match?

Oh, yeah, I mean we should've discussed. Like about what the researchers are talking about and whether it is solid grounding for their theory or not, but no one did-

Oh, wait.

"Schwartz and Grehan scrutinized the hundreds of physical characteristics often cited as evidence of evolutionary relationships among humans and other great apes..."

Wait, what? Reject DNA I mean who cares about that - we just have a lot of parts that "look" like parts that Orangutans have! We must be similar! Like, you know, Hyenas and canines. Totally similar, I mean, look at them.

Hey, but if that's what they feel works, then more power to them. That's how science gets done, by taking what's accepted and figuring out whether it works or not. Still, I would have liked to see a list of just what is similar between humans and orangutans, what kind of factors are in play.

It's interesting how they link Orangutans to Homo Sapiens, considering they call the original ideas of ape and hominid migration convulated, and then come up with one that is sitting in the same boat as the other. "Well, there just might have been forests that stretched down there, and there could have been a possibility that that is how they migrated." Okay. Right. Sure. That's much better.

Oh, and thanks for that last link. It says basically what everyone who can actually understand evolution knows, "The smallest tooth sizes are found in those areas where food-processing techniques have been used for the longest time."

Sooooo... yeah.

Oh, and PS, if we go back far enough, we can be found to have a common ancestor with every single thing on the planet. It's crazy, I know, but that's  evolution for you.

Oh, but I guess it's easy to overlook the 1-2-3 posts I made discussing and taking apart the scientists theories. I mean, it's not like they were a paragraph each or anything. :rolleyes:

Offline Wilson

• Bite Back
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 10:47 am »

Evolution                                Where did we come from?  Why are we omnivores? Anything relating to how we evolved into who we are today.

Oh, yeah, I mean we should've discussed. Like about what the researchers are talking about and whether it is solid grounding for their theory or not, but no one did-

Oh, wait.

"Schwartz and Grehan scrutinized the hundreds of physical characteristics often cited as evidence of evolutionary relationships among humans and other great apes..."

Wait, what? Reject DNA I mean who cares about that - we just have a lot of parts that "look" like parts that Orangutans have! We must be similar! Like, you know, Hyenas and canines. Totally similar, I mean, look at them.

Hey, but if that's what they feel works, then more power to them. That's how science gets done, by taking what's accepted and figuring out whether it works or not. Still, I would have liked to see a list of just what is similar between humans and orangutans, what kind of factors are in play.

It's interesting how they link Orangutans to Homo Sapiens, considering they call the original ideas of ape and hominid migration convulated, and then come up with one that is sitting in the same boat as the other. "Well, there just might have been forests that stretched down there, and there could have been a possibility that that is how they migrated." Okay. Right. Sure. That's much better.

Oh, and thanks for that last link. It says basically what everyone who can actually understand evolution knows, "The smallest tooth sizes are found in those areas where food-processing techniques have been used for the longest time."

Sooooo... yeah.

Oh, and PS, if we go back far enough, we can be found to have a common ancestor with every single thing on the planet. It's crazy, I know, but that's  evolution for you.

Oh, but I guess it's easy to overlook the 1-2-3 posts I made discussing and taking apart the scientists theories. I mean, it's not like they were a paragraph each or anything. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that it's common practise around this place for people to start a topic and leave it for the rest to bash it out. What went over your head is that even science has differing "scientific" views ;)

I call that "hook line and sinker" ;)

Offline Angry Dog

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 10:55 am »
No. You've failed at basic biology here

* H$U$

Thinking of donating to H$U$?

Someone who takes Wendy Malick or Wayne Pacelle up on their infomercial request for "just $19 dollars a month" will pay HSUS $228 over the course of a year. Of that, just $1.03 will reach a pet shelter.

Change Look

Forum Default

Permanently